the United Nations established world environment day – WED – as the ‘people’s day’ for doing something to take care of the Earth – and it’s happening! WED kicked off Environment Week, and it’s the right time to look around and see how people are thinking of the planet while living local.
- there is crowd down at Vanier School planning and planting a community garden in the cold days of June
- Clean St. John’s has brought earth-carers into classrooms throughout the City to make more earth-carers
- caring local entrepreneurs are making protecting the environment their business! check out Island Compost
- morning runners are bringing bags and taking a day to pick up trash on their route (half a bag on a short run!)
- families and friends are taking to the trails for some good outdoor time
the government of Canada has come up with focus areas for every day this week – check it! NL Power is marking the week through EnviroFEST activites in various regions of the province. how’s it going to work for you?
thegreenrock.ca is a not-for–profit company that informs and inspires people in Newfoundland and Labrador on ways to address the challenges facing our planet, our communities, and our lives. like and share!
facebook thegreenrock.ca, google+ thegreenrock.ca